MILO T20 Blast is a modified game format for children aged 8-12 years, played on a smaller ground with a reduced pitch length.
Here is a summary of the key rules of the MILO T20 Blast program:
- PLAYERS: Eight per side ( Up to 10 players may participate but only eight may bat and bowl. One player must be nominated to bat only, and one nominated to bowl only. 10 may rotate as fielders.)
- GAME LENGTH: 16 overs per team/innings regardless of how many wickets are lost.
- GAME/SESSION TIME: 60 to 75 minutes
- PITCH LENGTH: 18 metres
- PITCH TYPE: Grass outfield
- GROUND SIZE: 40 metre boundaries from batting end stumps. If there is limited space, the area behind the wicket keeper should be reduced to allow more fielding space in front of the wicket.
- BALL: Incrediball style
- PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: Not required. Wicket-keepers to wear a helmet with a grill when up to the stumps.
- BOWLING: Players bowl two overs each, bowled from the same end.
- FIELDING: No fielder is allowed within 10 metres of the bat until after the ball is hit. This excludes the wicket-keeper and slips.
A coin/bat toss determines which team bats first.